In the wake of the recent release of the Smart Vendor List Manager, we are excited to announce the launch of Agnostik’s latest feature, the Smart Cookie List Manager.
As cookie policies are increasingly required by regulations around the world, this new functionality will allow Agnostik customers to provide transparency to their users in their data collection practices, building relationships based on trust and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Introducing Agnostik’s Smart Cookie List Manager
- How to get started with the Smart Cookie List Manager
At its core, a cookie (sometimes called “tracker”) is a text file dropped in your computer by a server, used by websites to gather user data. There are different kinds of cookies:
- Technical or Essential cookies, necessary for the proper functioning of a website. Examples: Saving a shopping cart, remembering a website language, memorizing privacy preferences, audience measurement, etc.
- Third-party cookies, dropped by vendors (other companies). Only the person issuing these cookies can read or modify them.
Let’s look into it and how it works.
Introducing Agnostik’s Smart Cookie List Manager
The Smart Cookie List Manager enables businesses to run an audit of their website and uncover all trackers and cookies on there.
Why are we so excited about this new feature and why is it so powerful? The Smart Cookie List Manager is able to:
- Scan your websites daily, detecting all trackers and their activities on your property with minimal input from your side
- Categorize trackers, pairing cookies with specific purposes or categories and automatically associating purposes when the vendor is part of TCF V2. If the vendor is not, users are able to add one or more purposes to the tracker.
- Exempt trackers (for FR CNIL only), letting users decide whether to exempt a specific tracker from consent collection if it meets the requirements published by the CNIL.
- Apply filters, if the user wants to look for a particular group of trackers (type, lifetime, purposes…).
How to get started with the Smart Cookie List Manager
Cookie policies are a key part of a cohesive, all-encompassing privacy-first strategy. Not only the Smart Cookie List Manager will help you save time and energy (and probably a lot of headaches), but it’s a clear step in the right direction for organizations to showcase both their customers and global regulatory bodies that they take privacy seriously.